The Savannah College of Art and Design exists to prepare talented students for professional careers, emphasizing learning through individual attention in a positively oriented university environment.
The Savannah College of Art and Design, an institution with distinctive yet complementary locations, will be recognized as a leader in defining art and design education. By employing innovation in all areas, SCAD will provide a superior education through talented and dedicated faculty and staff, leading-edge technology, advanced learning resources and comprehensive support services.
- Being a student-centered institution.
- Providing an exceptional education and life-changing experience for students.
- Demonstrating quality and excellence in every aspect of operations.
- Sustaining a respectful and honest college environment.
- Growing while continually improving.
- Being innovative and results-oriented.
- Promoting a cooperative team spirit and a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Going the “extra mile.”
"Remember: defending someone’s right to speak doesn’t mean you agree with what they say. Defending the right to read a particular book, or view a work of art or a film, doesn’t mean you like it or agree with its message. Recognizing that others have different views about art, politics, literature and religion, and that their views are entitled to the same respect and protection as your own, is a form of tolerance required of all in a pluralistic society."
-National Coalition Against Censorship